Sunday, October 21, 2012

TOP 7 NETFLIX INSTANT PIX



Ah, nothing better than a new set of Netflix Instant Pix to boost your queue!  You know you don't wanna risk wasting your time watching a movie that turns out to be boring from your queue...so do yourself a favor: listen to me!! 


Let's get rockin'!



This flick is an homage of sorts to old school Kung Fu movies.  I'm telling you, kids today are so deprived of good old cheesy kung fu flicks it's ridiculous!  Don't they know that The Matrix & other movies with karate were inspired by the high kicking, wire flying 98 year old grand masters who strangely looked like 27 year olds with wigs on?

If you don't know Fists of the White Lotus, you don't know kung fu films...period.
Well, True Legend gives us a classic tale of jealousy, betrayal, revenge, loss and redemption....oh and LOTS of violent fighting!  I just found this movie to be so surprisingly awesome!  It's a nice way to reintroduce Saturday morning kung fu flicks in your home like the 80s!

My rating:
4.111179874957390 out of 5 stars




Martin Sheen goes on a soul searching pilgrimage along the famous Camino de Santiago to find a deeper connection to his late & estranged son.  While hiking, the ill mannered father makes unexpected friends while remembering the few moments he shared with his son (played by his real life son Emilio Estevez who hasn't aged well....I feel bad for Coach Bombay).



The cinematography of this movie is awesome as you are shown some of the most beautiful sights you'll ever lay eyes on.  The people you meet along the way will make you want to take this journey yourself one day (I know I do!!).

My rating:
3.75048398 out of 5 stars



Ironic that "Batman" looks like a vampire here!
It's unfortunate how little attention this movie got when it came out.  Don't blame it on the movie though.  It had the bad luck of coming out a three years after the Matrix turned the action genre on its head, and one year before Matrix Reloaded.  By the time Equilibrium hit theaters, it was regarded as a Matrix ripoff trying to make a buck while the REAL Matrix's sequel was already being promoted to come out the next year.  Luckily for Bale, he bounced back with Batman Begins two years later, and the rest is history.

"Neo" who?
The gun fights in this film were of the best I've seen in any action flick, and Christian Bale stars as the butt kicking law enforcer who develops feelings in a world where feelings are illegal because they lead to murder and crime.  Trust me, watch it for the fighting!

My rating:
4.00048389234785 out of 5 stars





Of all the types of shooting there are, my favorite is definitely long range!  I think snipers are the coolest people in battle and this movie just makes me love them even more.  Mark Wahlberg is former soldier who has lost faith in his government but helps when he's called upon anyway to save the president as he may be in danger.  He ends up being framed and now has to use his skill as an expert marksman to get his revenge and clear his name.

I thought this was one of Marky Mark's best films.  I can watch this over and over again!

He's come a LONG way since this...

My rating:
4.395083385978 out of 5 stars





With Halloween coming up you may want to throw on a horror movie or two.  I remember the good old days when channel 11 was WPIX, not the CW, and for the whole month of October we would get a horror movie played every night!  They called it Shocktober!  Awesomeness!!

By the way, The Gate and The Wraith were awesome films in their time...The Gate is still kind of scary
Anyway, Dale & Tucker is a horror/comedy using all the cliches of a slasher flick and turning them upside down to make for a hilarious movie!  Dale & Tucker are a couple of innocent rednecks who run into a group of teens who want to party.  When a case of mistaken identity happens with the teens believing the rednecks are out to kill them, the hilarity ensues!  Good for a few laughs, slow in some parts, but overall worth watching.

My rating:
3.395892075 out of 5 stars




Before he got superpowers in No Ordinary Family, Alabama Moon was a kid who was left to raise himself in the wild.  I happened to see this only because my wife put it on and I ended up getting into it myself. (I did not read the book this movie is based on)

Great show!
Alabama Moon is a boy who is raised by his father who passes away.  Upon being found outdoors, he's made to live with other orphans where he shares his knowledge and wants nothing more than to go back into the wild.  I don't want to say too much about this movie because I would cheapen the experience for you.  Just know that it's a very family friendly movie, it's heartwarming, sad, funny and inspiring.  Something the whole family can watch!

My rating:
4.11904387573298 out of 5 stars




Who saw the live action movie Dragonball: Evolution?  Now how many of you enjoyed it?  Yea, I thought it was horrible too.  Well fret no more kids, Dragon Tiger Gate may not be Dragonball Z, but it is EVERYTHING the DBZ movie SHOULD HAVE been!  Donnie Yen strikes again in another spectacular martial arts flick set in the not too distant future where certain fighters have powers beyond your typical kung fu master.  The choreography and special effects are really great and the story itself is enjoyable as well!

Highly recommend!

My rating:
4.729284527112389 out of 5 stars



Hope you all enjoy the flicks, try to check one or two of them out at least, you won't be disappointed!



See Ya

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment